The Company respects personal privacy and in order to preserve the confidentiality of your personal data provided to us, we maintain the following data privacy principles:
- We only collect personal data that we believe to be relevant to and required for our business.
- We will not disclose your personal data outside China Communications Services unless we have your consent or are required by law.
- We maintain appropriate security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data.
Personal Data We Hold
We may use data provided by you for a number of purposes:
- If you have elected to receive communications from us, your personal data may be used by us to send you information about us and/or to receive our latest corporate news. We may do this through either e-newsletters and/or e-mails. We retain your personal data for as long as you wish to receive information from us. You can decide not to receive communications or updates from us at any time by contacting us.
- When you contact us outside of our website or email communications, we may use your personal data to answer your questions. For this purpose we process your name, your contact information, your correspondence with us about your question and any other personal data you have provided with us and which is required to answer your question. Your data will be kept in our systems for as long as legally required.
Transfer of Personal Data
We will disclose personal data when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a law enforcement agency's request.
China Communications Services may transfer your personal data to third parties such as employees, related companies, including subsidiaries and associated companies within China Communications Services, joint venture partners, agents, independent contractors, business associates and service providers, as necessary for any of the purposes stated above. Where personal data is provided to third party organizations, the personal data will only be transferred to such third parties that respects privacy and are under a duty of confidentiality to China Communications Services.
Accuracy of Personal Data
We have certain procedures in place to maintain personal data at a reasonable level of accuracy, completeness and relevancy for the purpose for which the personal data is to be used. We aim to keep your data accurate and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to disclose all material information to us and to inform us of any errors or changes in such information.
Individuals may amend their personal data, as appropriate, set out in "Access or Correct Your Data" section below.
Retention of Personal Data
China Communications Services policy is to retain personal data for no longer than is required to fulfill the purpose (or any directly related purpose) for which the data was to be used, subject to legal, statutory and regulatory requirements mandating the retention of data.
Security of Personal Data
We take the security of your personal data seriously. We utilize and use a variety of administrative, technical and physical safeguards and security measures to protect the personal data you provide on this website against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and any other unlawful forms of processing. For instance, we will use encryption technology (such as SSL) to protect certain sensitive information provided by you to us. All the data is protected and only available to authorized personnel and subcontractors.
Personal Data Collected through This Website
The types of personal data we collect may include, but are not limited to:
- your personal information such as your title, first and family name;
- your contact information such as telephone number and email address;
- your business information such as your organization, job title and your country or region; and
- your comments and enquiries submitted to us through the website.
Certain information about your computer may also be collected when you visit this website, such as the type of the Internet browser and operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider. You are not required by law to provide your personal data. However, China Communications Services may not be able to provide you with the services you may require unless you provide the personal data sought from you.
Use of Personal Data Collected through This Website
China Communications Services uses the personal data collected through this website primarily for supplying to you the services you require; to respond to your inquiries; to gain an understanding of your needs; to perform statistical analysis, analysis of website usage or service needs; and to notify you of any changes to this website or our services which may affect you.
Cookies and Similar Technology
A "cookie" is a small file containing a string of characters that is placed on your computer, mobile phone or other device when you access a website or other web content. We and our third party tracking-utility partners may from time to time gather certain information automatically via such cookies and similar technologies and store it as log data.
We use our own cookies and similar technologies to personalise your experience on your visit to the website and for various other purposes, including:
- remembering you. For instance, cookies, and similar technologies can help us keep the preferences or information that you have previously provided; and
Access and Correction of Your Data
You can update or correct your personal data by sending an email request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. China Communications Services will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your personal data to protect your privacy and identity.
How to Contact Us
Room 1101-1102, 11/F, Great Eagle Centre, 23 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Unless specified otherwise, references in this website to "China Communications Services" shall mean China Communications Services Corporation Limited, its subsidiaries and affiliates.